For 35 years, Children’s Oncology Services has shared a lifetime of memories with our One Step family. Each and every camper and volunteer has shared their own unique talents, gifts, and personalities, which together make up a community that is unlike any other. Together, we have shared stories around evening campfires, laughs over ice cream at the lakefront, and hope for a happy future. It is these moments and more that make One Step such a magical place to be.
In honor of our 35th anniversary, we are inviting our camper families and volunteers to share the spirit of One Step with the people in your lives. Our first-ever “Share the Spirit” campaign is an online fundraising initiative that is designed to accomplish two goals:
1. To give camper families and volunteers a platform for sharing your experiences at One Step with your loved ones
2. To raise enough funds to share the spirit of One Step with 50 new campers
From July 22, 2013 - September 20, 2013, you will have the opportunity to join this initiative by creating an online fundraising profile through Root Funding. You will be able to personalize your page by telling your own story, and sharing how One Step has impacted your life. You will then be able to share your profile with your family and friends, asking that they donate $35 to symbolize our 35th year.
If One Step programs have made a difference in your life within the last 35 years, we ask you to consider joining our campaign so we can make that experience possible for even more children.
For questions or more information, please contact Hailey Danisewicz email@example.com.
Instructions for joining the Share the Spirit Campaign
1. Access the Share the Spirit landing page at http://www.rootfunding.com/campaign/share-the-spirit-2013
2. Click on the blue icon labeled “Create a Branch Campaign”
3. Create an account with Root Funding by entering your name and email address
4. Customize your page by adding photos and updating the message section. People will be more likely to donate to your page if there is a clear connection to the cause, so be sure to share your story.
5. Set a fundraising goal of your choice and a target date (9/20/13)
6. Share with your friends and family via email and social media